Monday, January 5, 2009

Get Well Soon Grandpa

My grandfather age is getting older, and that also means his health is getting weaker for a 96 year old man.

My grandfather is a very strong willed man, he is very very enthusiatic over Chinese culture. Throughout my schooling years my grandpa always ask us to practise our chinese calligraphy and read more newspaper and books. Which I suppose.. my chinese calligraphy is somewhat ok in my standard, but my chinese vocab.. urgh no way. Only certain Chinese books I would read, but most of it I would prefer to read in English. I guess I'm one of a kind Chinese, can speak and write Chinese but would prefer to read in English :P

He is still lying in the hospital in the ICU department. The ward only allows 2 person at a time at certain fixed visiting hours. Yesterday morning Dan and I visited him, he was sleeping at that time. When he woke up, the first thing he say is "昨晚我一个人在这里,很闷. 不可以看报纸,不可以小便.不可以动来动去,令我昨晚不想吃东西." Later on we all comforted him and ask him to tell the nurses what he want, and of course we try to ask him to look at the bright side of the situation. Sigh I understand his situation.. looking at him his body (though covered in pyjamas) were actually being inserted some tubes and stuff.. it is extremely uncomfortable and he cannot move an inch too much. We also knew that he missed my cousin wedding last night, where everyone is happy and he's in hospital, and at such an old age who wouldn't understand the loneliness he's going thru? To us, without him there it is like the environment is so different and strange. Well I really do not have the courage to visit him actually, cos I do not like to see him unhappy. But as a grandchild it is a part which I have to do and also, the chance of letting him to see Daniel for the first time as the husband of his grandchild (me)

But, we do hear good news after the visit. Grandpa's mood turned better after our visits (with other relatives as well) and the doctor say grandpa wont need to do dialises at the moment, as his kidneys are responding well to the medicine. Thank goodness for that.

I really hope grandpa can be well soon. Chinese New Year is coming near, I hope he is there healthier to celebrate this season again.

2 comments:

  1. hui ..your grandpa 一定会吉人天相的。。。平安无事的!!!让我们一起祈求!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 谢谢你的祝福..我也希望他早日康复..

    ReplyDelete