Monday, December 22, 2008

A Date to Remember

6th December 2008... a date which looks other than normal to you. Well, to me it isn't, as this is a special date for me. On this very day, after 1030am I'm officially a Mrs Leong (umm, not yet in Chinese tradition actually, haven't Zum Cha maa)

I remembered so well on how we booked this date for the ceremony. I would say it isn't a last minute booking or something we have not discussed, it's just that we knew this will happen one day so.. why not make it happen? A few reasons which we make it happen: 1) We've been together for so long, 2 hands can count.. 2) We are currently staying together and working in Singapore. Before this we always go back to our own homes, and we are quite attached to our families. 3) Parents, friends, relatives.. most knowing we're together for long time, therefore feeling the pressure is normal..

Actually I do not have bad feelings on why isn't my husband kneel down and propose with an engagement ring and a bouquet. (Although it is a dream come true, and it is every girl's wish to be proposed :) We just.. know that soon
er or later we will have to tie the knot. Yeah, sounds so unromantic, right? Actually, ok what... as long as he got my ring with the correct size.. takkan got the wrong size, then during ceremony the ring cannot go in.. how ah.. wear at pinky finger mehh.. if really like that I dunno how to dig a hole and hide myself (or rather.. my husband) LOL

Anyway, 6th Dec 2008 is a good date.. with my dad already back from Jakarta.. everyone's present and not occupied.. I felt very lucky indeed liao. Quite easy to remember too, 6 x 2 = 12; 6th Dec is 3 days before we went to Australia and Japan in separate ways.. ok la..

Alot are wondering: why these 2 going on holiday separately? Of course, there is another story. His company will travel to Japan as company trip for 10 days. Unfortunately outsiders or spouses etc cannot join, cos it's a COM
PANY TRIP.. how SICK is that? I have no choice but to go traveling myself.. ALL BY MYSELF.. just lucky again that I have friends staying in Perth and Melbourne. Next year, his company got company trip AGAIN, what about ME? Go to Australia and see the same sunshine again? PUH-LEASE!!

Anyway, the ROM ceremony we
nt on smoothly. Both our families and friends were there to witness this magical day. After ceremony we went to Hotel Concorde for Hi-Tea buffet, which the spread is really good. At 3:30pm we proceed to Orchid Park to snap some pre-wedding shoots ala outdoor photography style. We're still waiting for the rest of the shots to be delivered to us, so these are the ones which we have in our camera. Hope you can be patient and enjoy the ones we have.



More to come.. will update again once we have the images. Can't wait to see those!

No comments:

Post a Comment